Alternative window designs & styles
There’s no doubt that traditional timber windows are desirable. They can however come with a hefty price tag, which means they’re out of reach for many homeowners.
That’s why we’re so pleased to offer a fantastic solution for the home – enter our advanced timber alternative ‘stormproof’ window!
Using the very latest in window technology, this timber alternative window has been created to echo the beauty of a timber window but without any of the maintenance issues associated with wood.
With its authentic wood grain, careful timber styling and hand-crafted joints, you really could be forgiven for thinking this window is the real thing.
A modern day beauty
At the heart of this pioneering window is a durable PVC-u core. The core is encapsulated in a woodgrain foil, which is applied to both sides of the window profile. This low sheen, grained finish emulates the look of hardwood timber to create a handsome looking window.
High levels of craftsmanship and fine attention go into the creation of every single window. The authentic putty finish on the exterior bars, beautifully curved Ovolo detailing on the internal Georgian bars and period-inspired ironmongery combine to replicate the traditional good looks of a timber window.
Our timber alternative windows don’t compromise on modern performance and offers exceptional A-rated energy performance as standard.
- Our timber alternative window is available in a number of styles including sliding sash. This traditional style window is the perfect addition for Georgian and Victorian style properties. Our custom-built sliding sash window incorporates an inward opening tilt facility which provides smooth operation and allows easy cleaning of the window from the inside.
- Corner joins – In order to overcome the wide corner grooves usually associated with uPVC windows, the corner welds are either cut or the vertical mullion and horizontal transom sections are mechanically joined, which is consistent with timber construction methods
- Dummy Sight Lines – Fixed dummy sashes are a popular addition to many timber alternative window designs. The dummy sashes do not open, but look as if they do. This evens out the look of all visible panes, creating aesthetically pleasing equal sight lines that are more in keeping with traditional wooden construction
It’s all in the finishing touches
The window furniture and finishing touches can make or break a project. We are experts in finding the right handles and fittings to complement traditional wooden frame styling, such as monkey tail handles and stays. Our expert design team will be with you every step of the way, so you can guarantee a professional and stylish finish.
Why choose a timber alternative window?
- Designed to recreate the look of a painted or stained timber window
- Available at a fraction of the cost of real timber windows
- Fully bespoke design to suit the style and period of your property
- An engineered solution, designed to offer performance and durability
- Lower maintenance and better security and energy performance than timber
- Windows are hand finished for a truly authentic look
- Period and contemporary styled ironmongery, which includes a monkey tail handle and peg stay
- Available in a host of foil finish colours, including white, grey, black, cream and green, plus any RAL colour
- Grained foils to replicate stained wooden windows also available
Evolution STORM is the New Timber Alternative Stormproof Window
The EVOLUTION STORM offers all the aesthetics of a timber window coupled with the benefits of modern state-of-the-art technology, improved energy efficiency and security features – see https://www.doubleglazingpriceguide.org.uk/